Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Jersey Trip

This is the "little" cowboy that sits in front of the flea market in NJ that I love to go to. This place has been in my memory ever since I was a little girl. My parents would take me there to get school clothes, buy Christmas presents for people or to get some of the yummy Amish food. Roasted peanuts is must have when we go there as well. Nothing like a hot roasted peanut. The day we went they had the outside portion of the flea market open and we had a blast trying to find the perfect find. Even though I came up short handed. Probably not for the lack of availablity, but due to the fact that I'm a miser with my money and I hate to give it up if I don't really need "it".

Tristan surprised me though. He decided right before we were to leave that he wanted some "spoons". Which I thought was rather weird for a 9 year old to want. Apparently he saw them when he was with his dad. Once we found the vendor again, Tristan was in heaven trying to go through this big bowl full of little travel spoons. They look like little tea spoon and on them they have a decoration of a destination. Tristan picked out 3 of them, one with the Eifell Tower, Novia Scotia and Canada. Yes, I was proud of his negiotation skills as well. Without even a glance my way to receive help in negiotiated the price, he talked to the gentlemen with a skill of an adult. The price of these little spoons were $3.00 each. He managed to talk the guy down to $2.25 each. Doesn't seem like much, but just to watch him make his own grown up deal was neat.






This is my sister-n-laws 30+ acre lake. The kids absolutely love going here. To the left there is a little dock that they can go swimming off of and fish. The kids decided fishing was first on the agenda and low and behold, Ian was the first to catch....on the first cast no less!!! He got himself a little bass. He looks so proud, huh?! He went on to catch one more for the day. It was real nice to be there at Caroline's. She's got herself a nice little place that seems so out of place for NJ too! The farm lands are becoming far and few in between, so to see someone hold on to a big spread like this is refreshing.
I'll post more pictures later when I get back to WV. We are leaving Monday morning at 2:00 AM. I am hoping and PRAYING that the kids will sleep at least half of the trip and the other half they have mercy on me and be nice to each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.