"Oops!.... I did it again" that is the song Brittney Spears sang, that popped into my head driving home from church this evening.
Yes, I forced myself to go to church tonight. I got myself really involved in sorting my online pictures and getting some sort of assembly. They are ridiculously unorganized. Got myself a good momentum and then the clock said 7:00. Time for church. It was very easy to say to myself, "don't go, you'll be late. why interupt the service". Lord gave me some strength to get up and go anyway. I'm glad. It seems that it is during those times when I least want to be at church is when I get the most out of the service. Odd really, cause you'd think I'd be less interested in paying attention, but it doesn't work out that way. I always seem to get something out of it that is pertaining to what is pressing on my mind at the moment.
Today was a good day for me. I actually was accomplishing things that I hadn't been able to do because of working at the school. This summer break has given me some opportunities to do the jobs that were put aside. Very thankful for that! However, today I was brought down a few notches by my son and husband. Simply amazing to me how other people's attitude and negativity can really drag you down. Especially when you least expect it. Now I perfectly understand about that, because I certainly have my own share of negativity to dish out. It's just hard to be blind sided by someone else's is all.
Along with this little spat with my son and husband today, I have been thinking about relationships. Ones that we are suppose to have with each other. I'd really love for someone to explain to me what the meaning of friendship is? I mean, I think I know and I have these expectations (is that the problem, *I* have expectations????) of what a friendship should be about. Somehow, I end up short in being that friend to others. After tonight's message I think I've realized something when it comes to people. That it takes the Holy Spirit to be that friend. It just boils down to whether or not we are willing to listen to that little voice in your heart telling you to do things, verses the desires of the mind. I desire to have a close friend, but maybe I need to just put that aside and just listen to my heart ~ the Holy Spirit ~ and just be who I am and let God direct my relationships with others. Don't be afraid, don't be hesitant, don't be leary and don't be doubtful of anything.
Here is a quote from the pastor this evening that I thought sums up things for me. "There's not a jewel on earth that hasn't been made by pressure". However much pressure I think I am under right now ~ whether self-afflicted or God generated ~ God is pressure cooking me into a very nice jewel. I just hope that I end up being that jewel that God intends for me to be!
by the way ~ the quote above I've spoofed to be: "Oops!..... God did it again!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.