Friday, April 30, 2010

Mark and Conner left for New Jersey today. Mark wanted to go and watch a friend of his race his 1968 Mustang at Atco. (One of our old stomping grounds when we were dating). Anyway ~ Mark is getting to help Rich behind the scenes in the pit crew. He's definitely excited about it. Although I am not sure if he is excited about watching/working at the race or going up to collect the parts and such that his other friend has been gathering for him. At first, Mark was going to take my Explorer up, but then changed his mind and is driving the truck. Makes me wonder what in the world he is bringing back that he needs extra room for. Lord help me to just "grin and bare it." I can't even imagine what life would be like for Mark if he didn't have his cars to tinker and mess around with. I know he'd be one unhappy person, which is why I can't begrudge him of it. We all have to have those passions in life that keeps up going and desiring to get up and move each day, right? My family is what keeps me going. I couldn't imagine my life without them. Even with all the craziness that life with 3 active boys and a husband entails. Love is what its all about.

Tristan, Ian and myself are here alone this weekend, so I'm going to make the best of it and make sure we do some special little things. Tonight we had dinner at the school and then rented a couple of movies. The boys have spread out their sleeping bags on the living room floor and are planning on camping out there tonight. They informed me that I could have the couch since I am older and need something soft. So thought of them, huh? :) Think tomorrow we'll head to Charleston for some shopping and maybe see if I can find the bowling alley. Bowling seems like a good idea at the moment. We'll see.

Life is good. Thank you God for all your blessings in my life and I thank You for all that You do for me. Please Lord keep my family safe this weekend while we are split apart. Even though we are far apart, I know that You can keep us safe and connected through Your love. Lord I pray that we all will have fun and enjoy the things that we have planned. It's in your name I pray... Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.