I am about to embark on a new receipe today. I don't know the name of it, but I am going to name it myself. "Heavenly Chocolate Cherry Cake". A lady at church talked about this cake and gave me directions on how to make it. I thought it was absolutely neat how you can add the cherries to the top of the batter and it will sink to the bottom which will end up being the top of the cake once you remove it from the pan. Here is the receipe. I'd post a picture of it, but unfortunately my computer is brand new right now and has some issues. One of which is not getting my camera to connect to the computer. Making it quite difficult to download pictures. Anywhoooooo.....I'll have to make this again when it is working. Any excuse to make it again, huh?
Step 1 ~ making the Chocolate Cake
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. shortening
2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs3 (1 oz.) sqs. unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 c. sour cream
2 1/2 c. cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan. Cream butter and shortening with brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; continue beating until very light and fluffy. Blend in melted chocolate and sour cream; beat 1 minute at medium speed to mix well (15 strokes by hand). Add dry ingredients and water. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed (450 strokes by hand).
Step 2 ~ setting & baking cake
Layer small marshmellows on bottom of pan. Pour cake batter on top. Then add one can of cherry pie filling to the top of the cake batter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Pull from the oven and let it cool. Invert the cake onto a tray and serve with a dollop of whip cream.
Step 3 ~ eating this delicious "Heavenly Chocolate Cherry Cake"
Yummy!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.